Saturday, November 16, 2013

Bat Kid saves San Francisco


Happy Saturday! I don't have many links from around the web this week, but thought I'd share what I did find (some are from last week). Yesterday, Mark, my brother and I headed to Civic Center to see Mayor Ed Lee give 'Bat Kid' the key to San Francisco. I'm sure many of you followed the story, but 'Bat Kid' originated as a 5-year-old's dream to become Batman through the Make-a-Wish Foundation. The story went viral, and by the end of the day 20,000 San Franciscans, clad in black and yellow and boasting homemade signs, had turned up to cheer on our little hero. I usually ignore Twitter, but I cried (literally) reading through the feed last night -- every athletic team, magazine, author, and friend I follow seemed to have something to say about how Bat Kid had warmed their hearts. It was a great reminder of all the good in the world, and a wonderful break from how depressing the news tends to be on a daily basis. Thanks for making the world a little bit kinder, if only for a day, Bat Kid! 

Actors who are fluent in other languages. 


Travel startups you might not have heard of. 

Changes women go through in their twenties. I definitely identified with many of these...


Well, you could never call this girl boring. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment