Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Weekend Trip: Lake Tahoe


This past weekend, I had the pleasure of spending time with my childhood best friend, Danielle, her boyfriend, and our friends David and Ellen (oh, and Cam was there, too :). We went up to Tahoe and I was absolutely shocked at the lack of snow! While we weren't necessarily planning on skiing/snowboarding, I was not expecting shorts weather.

We got in late Friday night and I was delighted when I somehow got everyone to agree to wake up and do Yoga with me at 9:30 Saturday morning. Highlights after that include making a deliciously fresh salad from Ellen's CSA box, catching up on lots of girl talk (while the guys racked up hours on my family's new shuffleboard table), and a gorgeous lakefront photo shoot at Sunnyside followed by brunch at Rosie's

Making lunch with some fresh veggies
One highlight that continues to make me smile days later...


We had an incredible dinner Saturday night at Stella in Truckee, which came highly recommended by my parents. Cam and I decided to share the sweetbreads as an appetizer. I'll admit, my knowledge of sweetbreads went as far as knowing it was some kind of meat, and that it was unusual to the extent that I probably didn't want the waiter to remind me of specifics. Shortly after placing our order, the waiter brings out a basket of bread and butter. Cam looks at me with bright eyes and a huge smile and says, so earnestly and adorably, "Oooh and we get even more bread and butter!" (If you, like Cam, are totally unfamiliar with sweetbreads, they are actually cow thymus gland sometimes paired with pancreas...). Gourmet fail.

For more photos....




Cheesy take-turns couples pics



The new shuffleboard table! Quite the hit. 
Clearly not researching sweetbreads











No comments:

Post a Comment