Monday, May 13, 2013

10 lessons I've learned from my mom


In honor of Mother's Day (a day late, I know), I thought I would do a post on some of the important things I've learned from my mom. The list is always growing, and there are a zillion things I'm not mentioning. I'm lucky to have someone who has put in so much time and effort into my happiness and success.


10. Always make eye contact while cheers-ing.
9. Chipped nail polish and visible bra straps are not okay.
8. It's okay to ask explicitly for what you want, especially in relationships. Our partners can't read our minds.
7. It's okay to take time to pamper yourself every once in a while.
6. If you really don't feel like exercise, use the 15 minute rule: try running or working out for 15 minutes, and if after this time you still really don't want to be exercising, stop. Odds are you just needed to push yourself and get over the hurdle of actually tying your shoes and getting started.
5. Write thank-you notes and bring hostess presents.
4. Go to your friends' weddings, even though the price tags can seem daunting. You'll want everyone to be at yours, and it's worth the money to celebrate the most important day in someone's life.
3. Eating McDonald's and/or drinking soda won't kill you as long as you balance it with exercise.
2. Beer > liquor.
1. Your siblings are important, and they're always going to be around. Befriend them.


No comments:

Post a Comment