Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Teacher Appreciation Week


Last week was Teacher's Appreciation Week (lots of belated posts this month, May is killin' me!)! As a former teacher with a lot of friends still in the profession, I definitely wanted to do something small to show my support for the amazing educators in our country. I gave a donation through DonorsChoose.org to a help fund a classroom library for one of my former colleagues.

DonorsChoose enables you to navigate projects based on a specific school, community, or subject you want to help - or you can choose to support the project of the day. There is full transparency, so you know exactly where your money is going and who you are helping. The majority of the projects on the site help underserved or high-need schools. What a great way to support teachers -- and classrooms -- everywhere!

In honor of Teacher's Appreciation Week, here is a link to some of the hilarious moments from my teaching days, and the photo above is me with my 11th grade English class.

No comments:

Post a Comment