Friday, September 20, 2013

Friday round-up


I hope everyone had a great week! I've had a fairly productive last couple of days, and Cam and I are headed up to Tahoe to work all weekend. -___- I have to finish up some essays for grad school applications and Cam has a huge deadline at the end of September, so at least we can keep each other company as we stare at our computers for 48 hours!

The photo above is a note we found in the Jetta's windshield last night (totally thought it was a ticket). We park in this illegal spot right in front of Cam's garage, and instead of this guy being a total douchebag and telling us to get the f*ck out of his way so he can park in his legal, valid spot, he wrote us a nice note and even got us a Starbucks card! I was so touched -- it's a great reminder that amidst all of the war, shootings, and chaos, there are kind and patient people everywhere.

Here are some fun links, and have a wonderful weekend!

Do you live in New York and want to make a shit ton of money over Super Bowl weekend?

I want a leather jacket so badly for fall.

The Habits of Supremely Happy People

I love all of Simon Rich's short stories.

I ordered this as a pretty coffee table book and I can't wait for it to arrive.

How to get served first at the bar.

I've mentioned before how much I love Top Chef -- here's an interview (and a recipe!) with Top Chef Master's host Curtis Stone.

The most beautiful birth announcements.

Why We Travel. To quench your Friday wanderlust.


No comments:

Post a Comment