Monday, September 9, 2013

Make your dinner reservation through Savored: Eating out with free discounts


Have you guys heard of Savored yet? Naturally, eating out at restaurants was one of the first sacrifices I had to make since becoming voluntarily unemployed. I was nervous about visiting my friends in Manhattan, since whenever I'm there we tend to splurge on delicious meals at trendy, expensive restaurants, and that was just reeeally not in the budget this time. Fortunately, my friend Megan recommended using Savored, which when you book through them (for free!), you can get discounts as great as 30% off on your meal. I hesitated, thinking that to take advantage of this we'd have to eat dinner at 4:30pm, but we were able to get a reservation for 6 people at 8pm at a fun Italian restaurant in Chelsea. Cam and I used Savored on Thursday when I returned to San Francisco, and were able to get 20% off of our meal just by making our reservation through the site (we also checked in on Yelp and got a free glass of wine - milking it). The site is really easy to use, and the only problem is that there isn't a huge selection of restaurants yet. If anyone in San Francisco is looking for a super nice meal on the cheap(er), Le Colonial is amazing and is offering 30% off to those who book through Savored. Bon appetit!

(Photo from less Scrooge-y days dining out in NYC)

No comments:

Post a Comment