Friday, September 13, 2013

Have a happy weekend.


How was everyone's week? The good thing about studying for the GRE Literature Exam (subject test in order to apply for Master's in English programs) is that "studying" constitutes reading and rereading classic novels and poems -- rough life. I'm simultaneously checking books off of my and Kelly's classics list ; I finished Jane Eyre and launched into A Farewell to Arms (can you tell from the picture?). Cam's birthday was on Wednesday and I got us a place in Santa Cruz on Airbnb for Saturday night, so I'm looking forward to reading and relaxing beachside this weekend. Have a good one and here are some fun links from around the web:

Ja'mie is back! Ja'mie is back!

Anna Wintour making classy decisions.

Speaking of Anna Wintour: Jimmy Kimmel's take on fashion week.

An older article, but I have been wondering who the betches are....

I have a goal of becoming really good at calligraphy right before everyone I know starts getting married and needing fancy handwriting for addressing invitations.

For anyone else in a transitional period (thanks for sending, Kelly!).

I just discovered this blog and I'm digging the daily writing prompts and free ebook on writing essentials.

I've mentioned this before, but if you don't already subscribe to theSkimm, you should.

I love listening to Stitcher, and here's a perfect article for finding the best podcast for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment