Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Museum day


I am currently stuck in a very weird place of employment purgatory. I finished my GRE Literature exam last week, but can't really get a job until I hear back as to whether or not I'll be starting at San Francisco State in January. Luckily, my and Cam's friend Mark just moved here and is staying in our apartment until he figures out a job and housing situation. Today we decided to take advantage of being unemployed together, and hopped over to the de Young museum in Golden Gate Park.

I've long felt that art history knowledge is kind of like golf -- not something you need every day, but a skill that can come in really useful, especially in social situations. I love looking at art but I definitely don't bring any profound conversational points to the table...more like, "that's pretty" or "I don't get it." Today was no different in that we saw some beautiful pieces and some that, well, I didn't get. But it felt great to get out of the apartment and at least act like cultured members of society, if only for a few hours.

The cool...





And the "I don't get its"...



No comments:

Post a Comment