Monday, July 22, 2013

Girls' trip to Tahoe: Wanderlust


When three of my girlfriends and I decided to spend last Saturday at Wanderlust, I was expecting hippies and heat and lots of skin, and that's exactly what I got. We lathered on the SPF to brave the 105-degree day, and headed to Squaw Valley for the all-day yoga (+nature + music) festival.











I wish Amy or Gliozzi were writing this because I think they might have a bit more positivity to contribute. I hated the Moby concert (I'm sorry but the last thing I want to do after moving my body all day - ok I guess the restorative class doesn't count - is jump up and down for two hours to electronic music). I was miserable for our hike to High Camp where we ran out of water in the first 30 minutes and had to continue climbing a rock face with the sun beating down on our thirsty, burned bodies.

That being said...



I loved my weekend. I loved the girl talk and the restorative yoga class I took where I basically moved my body five times in an hour and a half. I even loved the funky tea tent where we sat on low stools and listened to our nomadic host tell us about her calling to "pour tea." I loved sitting on a dock at Donner Lake on Sunday, talking about baby names and how if Amy and I were to name our sons family names and they were to become friends, there would be a little Gunter and Monteith (awful) running around Lake Tahoe someday.

We stayed at my house for free and drove Olivia's Prius up from San Francisco, with gas only costing about $50 roundtrip. The ticket itself was $150 which was exorbitant. The festival isn't blocked off to people touring Squaw Valley, so any passerby could enjoy the perks of festival village (free Ben & Jerry's! Free razors! Insane people watching!) without paying for a ticket. Next year my plan is to head to Squaw for the freebies, wander around and drink some dream tea, and then head to Truckee for a yoga class at only $15. I'll be just fine without Moby.
Painted faces for the masquerade theme 
One of the many things you just don't see every day that can be found at Wanderlust

Olivia and I at High Camp - smiles are probably fake at this point 
Gliozzi at the swag tents

Excited for morning class #1
A screening of Hungry for Change. Save yourself time: Sugar is BAD.

Favorite part of Wanderlust was spending time with these ladies




No comments:

Post a Comment