Thursday, July 11, 2013

Hump day coworker picnic (with homemade gazpacho!)


I always look forward to 1pm on Wednesdays. You're officially halfway through the work week, and only an afternoon separates you from evening free time and then Thursday. This week, my coworkers and I decided to start enjoying Wednesday before 1:00 -- with a lunchtime picnic.

We divvied up responsibilities on Monday, and came together yesterday afternoon for an hour of good food and conversation in Yerba Buena Park, a block away from our office. I made gazpacho (for the first time, inspired by Amy) using this recipe, which proved to be both time and cost efficient...$15 and 20 minutes later, I had lunch for four, and even leftovers for Cam. We had fruit, baguettes, cheese, hummus, veggies, and as a treat Jacqui made us delicious grapefuit cocktails, complete with bitters and homemade candied grapefruit!






No comments:

Post a Comment