Monday, July 1, 2013

Yea or nay: Literary tattoos


I'm very wishy-washy when it comes to tattoos. Sometimes I get jealous of people like Cam's sister Kirsten, who will just get whatever sounds fun and cool to her at the time (I'm way too anxious and overly analytical). Other times I completely cringe when someone is explaining the meaning behind a very large, very ugly tattoo that is some mix of the American flag, a tombstone, a Bible quote, and a family crest.

In the past, whenever I have contemplated getting a tattoo, the second, almost immediate image that comes to mind (first being how awesome and unique my more-than-likely-highly-unoriginal idea is) is me in my wedding dress. I can't help it, but every time I picture inking up my arm or shoulder blade, I picture how it will look in the wedding portraits of my first dance with my dad.

That being said, I really loved some of these literary tattoos on Mighty Girl. I love the Peter Pan tattoo pictured above and I've always said if I had to get one, I'd want either 9 3/4 for Harry Potter or the tree where Boo leaves presents for Jem and Scout in To Kill a Mockingbird.

What do you think? Which book or author would inspire your literary tattoo?

No comments:

Post a Comment