Monday, July 1, 2013

Belated weekend round-up for a short week


I typically post a round-up of inspiring/hilarious/interesting/noteworthy/motivating links from around the web on Friday, since people typically don't blog new material over the weekend. I didn't get around to it on Friday, but after taking a look around my office today (4th of July week + BART strike = NO ONE there) I figured if anyone is in the same boat, you might need some web distractions as well. 

Here are some of last week's finds, and the photo is what I saw driving back into the city on Saturday -- so proud to live in a city that celebrates and encourages diversity, equality, and massive block parties. 

Top 5 regrets of the dying...if I were to die tomorrow, I'd definitely relate most to #1 (cause God knows expressing my feelings is not a problem of mine...).

Power to the English majors!

The perfect read for anyone who is getting really, REALLY annoyed with all of the "Top 10 habits of happy people," "Top 20 things I wish I had known in my twenties," etc., lists. (Takeaway: Do whatever the fuck you want.)

Real life love stories from Quora.

Clueless quotes still bring me back to a time when I had no idea what was going on in the movie and laughed anyway. Ah, to be young and innocent (and watching really inappropriate movies that my parents clearly hadn't pre-screened).


Should I be embarrassed that I spent 15 minutes Googling to see whether or not this really happened...?

My friend Jacqui, who is both creative and productive, sent me this list of inspiring books.


No comments:

Post a Comment