Friday, December 13, 2013

Have a festive weekend


I am so excited for this weekend! Tomorrow Cam and I are going to run some apartment-related errands in order to get our place looking nice for our house warming/Christmas party Saturday night. Hopefully it will look decent enough to share some photos of the party next week. Here are a few links, and have a wonderful weekend!

Photos that are uniquely 2013.

I bought these boots from Anthropologie in both colors and have worn them every day. So easy and I love how the heel is low enough to walk everywhere in, and high enough to dress up an outfit.

I love this idea: a French cafe charges extra for rudeness.

Is Instagram altering our memories?

Watch this for warm holiday fuzzies.

The three girls in front were just asking for their friend's hilarious reaction by requesting that this photo even be taken.

Ok, I posted this link on Facebook and I want to reiterate here again how fascinating this New York Times piece, Invisible Children, is. Working at a high school in New Orleans was my first real exposure to families living off of food stamps and welfare, and it took me a while to understand how cyclical and systemic poverty is. Times writer Andrea Elliott does an excellent job of showing that, while the parents in the story make very questionable choices regarding money and budget, they were also born into poverty and were never taught some of the absolutely crucial life lessons that we take for granted, like family planning and budgeting. I think that EVERYONE should read this piece in order to see that throwing money at poverty isn't the solution, and that there is still so much work to be done.

Lastly, I love Cup of Jo's Holiday Gift Guide. It is so thoughtful and she has some very unique finds for just about everyone you would need to buy a gift for.

(Photo is from my date with Olivia Monday night...we went to the Fairmont Hotel to see the life size Gingerbread house, and then saw the movie Frozen, which was adorable.)

No comments:

Post a Comment