Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Our Christmas party


I have discovered a somewhat counterintuitive solution to productivity in the household: hosting parties. Cam and I had been dragging our feet when it came to decorating our apartment -- everything is expensive, the store's location is inconvenient, etc., etc. When we decided to host a Christmas party, I knew it would be a kick in the butt to finally get things done, and I was right. We bought frames and spent the morning creating our "travel photo wall," and purchased Christmas lights and decorations to make the party festive. I cleaned so thoroughly that our apartment looked almost uncomfortably "adult," but that was soon changed when a beer pong tournament overtook the party.

Aside from feeling happy about the look and decor of the apartment, the party was a huge hit! It was one of those nights where everyone was just 'on' -- I loved watching high school friends mingle with Yelp and San Francisco friends, and everyone got along beautifully and sang along to hits from the nineties (Cam's friend John's Spotify playlist brought everyone together perfectly!).

Yesterday Cam and I saw a friend perform in the Velveteen Rabbit, and we're looking forward to celebrating our Christmas this  upcoming Saturday. All in all, I am loving this holiday season and feel that it's a perfect wind-down to what has been a pretty amazing year. Here are some pictures from the party, enjoy!


 These took two minutes to put together and looked so festive and pretty. (Also, everyone made fun of me for having oreos out but they're Jo Jo's from Trader Joe's! Aka the best Christmas cookies ever besides homemade.)

Christmas garland and some cool shades purchased by Mark and Cam

Massive paper chain and a beautiful wreath that my mom sent us.



No comments:

Post a Comment