Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday round-up


By the time this post is published, I will (hopefully) be lounging on the beach in New Jersey with Cam and his family. I can't wait to actually get IN the water since the Pacific is way too cold. Enjoy some links from around the web, and I'll be back next week with pictures and stories from New Jersey and New York City. Happy Labor Day!

This unexpected duet made me smile and miss my high school choir days.

My fascination with Russia, along with the fact that I'm a sucker for dating stories, I loved this essay.

How awesome is this blog!? I especially liked the letters from Neal Cassady to Jack Kerouac, and Southpark creator Matt Stone's Favorite Memo Ever.

Have you heard? New J.D. Salinger books!

Another nod to the English major. My friend Kelly sent me this article, and I especially like this line:
"A good doctor said to me, not long ago, 'You really sort of have to like assholes and ear wax to be a good general practitioner'; you have to really like, or not mind much, intricate and dull and occasionally even dumb arguments about books to study English."

Twice this week I went to Yoga to the People -- a big, bright, clean, donation-based yoga studio in SF's Mission District -- I love that I can pay based on what I can afford, and the classes were great!

I can always get lost in Pinterest's travel section....I want to be here right now. 

A different angle to the I-hate-Miley bandwagon. 

I took the photo today while walking through my neighborhood. Later, while getting my nails done, I got to watch Amy Adams film a scene for a new Tim Burton movie...North Beach is the best. 

No comments:

Post a Comment