Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Airbnb....for bikes!



I resisted getting a bike in my first year of San Francisco living simply because I was so intimidated by the hills and city traffic. Now, seeing how easily Cam zips from home to work to my house, I'm slowly realizing that it really would be convenient -- and pretty fun -- to have my own bike.

I was Googling around for bikes this morning and I came across Spinlister, which is essentially Airbnb for bikes! I have rented bikes in my neighborhood before and ended up spending $25-$30 for just a couple of hours. On Spinlister, you can rent by the hour, the day, or the week, and daily rentals seem to be around $10-$15.

I found this cherry colored, vintage road bike that's perfect for my height, and is right in my neighborhood! I'm excited to use Spinlister next time I have a friend in town who wants to ride across the Golden Gate Bridge, or just to test out different types of bikes before making a purchase.

(Photo by Carl Christensen on Etsy)

No comments:

Post a Comment