Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Let's talk about food


I have been an avid and devoted fan of all of Top Chef's ten seasons (rumor has it that season 11 will be filmed in New Orleans; I literally can't wait). I love Top Chef, I watch Food Network when I'm bored, and I love eating great food, but I can't say I've really found a love for the kitchen. I WANT to love to cook, really I do, but it just feels so tedious to me.


That being said, yesterday Cam sent me a link to Feast, an online culinary school offering a four session course for beginners/wannabes like me. They're also offering a fermentation course and a vegetarian course for you more advanced chefs, all taught by acclaimed chef Jeremy Umansky.

I'm so excited to sign up and (hopefully) master the four classes in Feast 101: broiling, roasting, searing & sauces, and soup & stock...I'll keep you posted.

If you're feeling slightly less ambitious, but still hungry for delicious grub, I also just discovered Munchery, a San Francisco-based gourmet meal delivery company. By using this link, you can sign up and get a free gourmet meal delivered to your doorstep.

One of my be-better-at-life-in-general goals is to extend my cooking repertoire, while maybe even learning to enjoy the art of cooking. And if that fails, remaining lazy while having delicious, healthy food delivered to me doesn't sound half bad.

(Photo of produce at the San Francisco Ferry Building Farmers' Market)

No comments:

Post a Comment